Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It's snowing

It has been snowing since I got up so they called and cancelled the consult with the transplant team today. Instead it will be on Thursday. My parents (who came for the meeting) are stranded here (oh how horrible) I think they are pretty happy to be "stranded". And Livi couldn't be more pleased. Her fan club is almost all here (just need Daddy, Nan (who was here earlier), De-Dad and some uncles and she would be on cloud nine). She is doing great and happy as can be.

I realized it would be even harder to go through all of this if she was aware of what was going on. If she knew what was ahead and could worry about it. I'm glad for her that she has no idea and it doesn't ruin her day.

Over the last few months I have spent quite a bit of time writing down medical information on our other blog. I would ask that everyone who reads this entry click here and read all of the medical info's I have written. It gives a much more clear idea of what the transplant is (NOT a surgery!) and what different terms mean. Once the transplant starts I will not be explaining what certian terms mean but just assuming everyone has read the other blog. Thanks for taking the time.

Thanks to everyone who sent Valentine's day cards to Alivia (Aunt Kathy, Marmie, Jim and Jean McClements, Maryann Kisic) and for all the great gifts (Sarah and the Pete's, Aunt Kathy, Ann B.) If I forgot to thank you it doesn't mean we didn't love it. Just a lot going on. So thanks. And thank you to the person who works with Vince F. at Donnely for the gift. I am often overwhelmed by the kindness of strangers. Thanks to Angie, Jamie and Kathy (you forgot the food) for all your help last night. I am so blessed with such wonderful friends. oh yea...Thanks in advance to Chris for picking my brother up from BWI on Friday. You are coming to our rescue once again.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just had yummy leftover pasta, pesto, shrimp and bacon (thx Gretch) and I thought of our fun time on Sunday. I'm glad you are all stranded together. Nothing like cozying in with the ones you love during a winter storm. I pray that the consult on Thursday gives you clear direction and peace.

Happy Valentine's Day to all the Allen's and Haughery's!!!

Luv, GAL

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, this is the best Valentine Day present I have ever had, being stranded with the Haugherty's. Even if we could have started home, we wouldn't have arrived...too much snow between here and there. I enjoy the respite of not having to be anywhere. Thanks again to all my co-workers, especially kat, they have made my absence so much easier! (Hence,no more missing files, but I am missing the laughs!) GLA

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentines day. Emily, I'm glad you get to have your parents in town as a special holiday treat. I sent a package your way today, that I'd been hoping to send for a long time. I appologize if there's some cat hair on the tape of the box, the kitten thought it would be cute to help (and by help I mean chew on everything). All my love!!!

Sarah

12:25 AM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Happy Be-lated Valentine's Day!

Do you ever get totally overwhelmed when you realize how many people love you and your family?

Lots of love!
The Garners

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home