Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Side affects

Today we got to discuss with our transplant doc all the horrendous side affects that could happen with this transplant. Long, black hair like this is not one of them. But doesn't she look cute.

We had our official final consulation with our transplant doc today. I got to sign all the permission forms. And they went through every possibility of bad things that this transplant could bring. I know they have to tell all the possibilities (even the ones that are only for 1% of patients) but couldn't be just leave a few out. I know this is a dangerous process, I know it is not going to be fun but man is it overwhelming hearing all the side affects at once. My brain froze up about half way through. I didn't stop listening I just couldn't process anymore. I mean what am I supposed to say..."oh good to know" or "helpful..thanks" cause neither is true. It is wise to be prepared but my imagination is already hard enough to control without the words in bold print right in front of me. Then we got papers explaining it all again so we could come home and read them if we wanted. Yikes. After a while it becomes impossible to even think of Alivia and all the things they are saying. She is so happy and funny and amazing and how can even one of those things happen to her? I only teared up a few times (pretty proud of that) and mostly was able to keep it together. I would much rather cry at home.

Tomorrow Andrew flies in to visit for the weekend. My dad and Aaron come tomorrow night (my dad went home for a bit). The whole fam will be together again. I don't think we've spent this much time all together in years. Monday is the appointment with the eye doc ...the reason for this visit is to check where her eyes are now (base line) because some of the meds can cause cataracts so they need to see where her eyes are now to have something to compare to in the future (she will be checked every six months). Also Monday she will recieve some IV antibiotics. Tuesday is the bone marrow biopsy and the nasal wash and IV antibiotics again. Then hopefully we wont' have to go back till the following monday for more IV antibiotics. Then Tuesday is the day we are admitted. It's coming so fast. Please pray for peace. I am so scared.

Thanks to Rachel for being the best. Congrats to the Almengore's on their new little girl Isabella!

11 Comments:

Blogger Joe.Karen said...

Oh dear Emily,

We are praying for you! These are scary times. But God really and truly is in control. Alivia has proven over and over to be a fighter. So have you and the rest of your family. We are rooting for you!!!!!!

Love,
Karen & Joe

p.s. the long black tresses are too cool!

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is for Livi -

Thank you for the Valentine's Day card/pics. Thank you for being one of the most inspirational, resilient individuals I know. You are strong, kiddo. You have endured more in 23 months than most people have in a lifetime and you've shone through brilliantly. You've got God and hundreds, thousands on your side. Keep up the good work. You are loved beyond measure.

Your doting GAL

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new do!

We will continue to pray that you will feel God wrap you in his arms and give you peace. -Phil and Laura Lapp (Andy/Amy's friends)

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you. Just remember God is in control of everything. He planned all this, which is sometimes hard to understand, but just remember he is there for you. Livi looks too cute with that black hair!!:):):) I hope you have a great weekend with your family.

love,
moriah

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the wig. Very shagadelic. Praying for you Em. Yeah, Rachel is def. the best.
Thinking of you,
Steph

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, forgive me, but where is Livi having her transplant? Johns Hopkins or Hershey? Also, what type of leukemia was she diagnosed with? I'm sure you've mentioned it before, I just forget & can't seem to find it in your past blogs.

I am constantly in awe of the strength and courage you have. Hope you have a terrific weekend with the family! Hugs, beth

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you! I hope and pray everything goes smoothly. Trust God, He will never stray away from you, He is forever and always with you.

Have a GREAT time with your family!
Christi

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
I hope you have a WONDERFUL time this weekend with your family.
I am praying for peace for you and all of them, as it is understandable that these are scary times. I pray for the peace that passes understanding that only our gentle Shepard can give His little lambs.
P.S. Livi looks so cute in the black hair...did you ever hear that it is supposed that Cleopatra was a blonde wearing a black wig? HA-HA!

Still praying!

Mary Ann K.

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
All those bad things are not going to happen to Alivia! Love you, Aunt Cheryl

PS I've been saying all along that Alivia reminds me of Cynthia! The wig really does it!

6:28 PM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Emily,

Just wanted to let you know that the health info. site is great and although many may not read it now, it will also serve as a great reference in the months ahead. Thanks so much for taking the time to provide us will all of the information there. I know it has to be quite a task for you right now.

Also wanted to let you know that I think about you so often right now. My heart breaks for the battle you have to face. I have never met Alivia (although I hope that will change quickly once she is feeling well), but I remember you saying once before about the spell check always bringing up a correction for her name, attempting to replace it with Live. That's what I think everytime I think of her. Often times I just pray that over and over. Live Alivia. She is going to get through this. He has a plan. Look at the lives you have already touched.

Praying. Thinking of you. And, then praying some more. :)

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

James and Emily,

The Lord is my shephard...even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death thou art with me.. thou shall prepare a table for me in the presence of my enemies (ie scary things)...my cup overflows..surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life.
These words are for you.

Daily in my thoughts,
Aunt Anne

10:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home