Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, September 28, 2007

From Uncle Aaron

I had a hard time picking which picture to post of Livi and Aaron. There are quite a few and all too cute. Livi was so fascinated by Aaron. Maybe because he pretended it wasn't a big deal that she payed attention or because he was always funny or because he has this special thing where kids love him. I know I love him. Livi did more than love him. She adored him.


So I've struggled to write a tribute for my neice Alivia. She meant a lot to me, if not everything, and I wasn't sure how I could only write one small paragraph about her that would give anyone who read it the smallest glimpse of how much fun, cute, funny, exciting, and so forth she was and still is to me. Moving on, this past Sunday I had the hiccups for roughly about three hiccups. It was an incredible nuisance to me despite the short duration they lasted. Like so many other things in my everyday life I thought about Alivia. She frequently had the hiccups, and instead of just having three she'd have them for a half hour or so. She'd go about whatever cute thing it was she was doing all the while hiccuping and not caring or even really noticing. Alivia didn't care about her hiccups one bit. Always overjoyed by many things, if you were entertaining which was actually incredibly hard being she was so opiniated and stubborn in the most adorable fashion, she'd continue to laugh and play and bounce everytime one of her little hiccups came out of the cuttest little mouth. I thought "how could someone so small not care about hiccups when I'm entirely bothered by them". Then I thought about how I'm often toubled and saddened about her death, Alivia is the complete opposite. Alivia couldn't be in any better place feeling any better than she does right now each moment getting even more so better by the minute. She isn't bothered that she died and she isnt' saddened or troubled by anything of her illness but she is filled with even more joy than she ever had now than here, even though I'd like to think she could have been happiest with us, since I'm selfish, she's many times over happier now. It's said that heaven is a place where nothing bad or even slightly uncomforting can happen but I know she still has her hiccups there because they weren't uncomfortable or bad here and there not there. They're just her cute little heaven hiccups.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Each time I read a tribute to Livi, I am given a mental picture of a family that was truly blessed by one little girl. I am amazed that each tribute has the same message, Livi was loved, is loved and will always be loved no matter where she is or what she is doing. God sends us a message through others, and you are all speaking very clearly to me and I am sure many others!

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Livi has some crazy uncles!!:):) Emily has said and continues to say wonderful things about you, and I can see why she does. You are and were a great uncle to that sweet livi! You are all in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this difficult time.

Moriah Freeman

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so enjoying all of these tributes. Thanks for posting them. I know you are missing her so much.

Love you,
Amy

3:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How incredibly beautiful! What a wonderful way to describe her. And what a great visual of her in heaven with little heavenly hiccups.
I still check this site first thing every day and though I never knew her - I think of her (and James and Emily) every day. She touched me and my family very deeply!!
Thank you for these tributes which allow me to know her a little more.
Vicki Moore

4:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of aaron's tricks with livi was to jump out from behind a wall, and go "kwokie kwo" (both with long o's). Livi would laugh and laugh....which was his main desire....to make her laugh. When she was so close to death, I called both my boys....aaron and andrew, and they each got to say good-bye to Livi on the cell phone (they couldn't get to the hospital in time). Aaron did you say kwokie kwo? She was and is loved incredibly. Love, Gigi (Emily, Andrew and Aaron's mom)

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, AAron for reminding us about the hiccups. Livi was so accepting of such things, such an amazing little girl. You and Livi were so great together. She blessed us all with her sweet personality. Just being in the room with her was so much fun and seing the two of you interact was a treat. You had a mutual admiration society. Love from Marmie

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet tribute. It's so hard to grasp how happy she is in Heaven, when here on Earth we are so sad. But she is loving it so much and has no desire to come back to Earth, only the desire for everyone to join her in Heaven. What a Glorious day that will be! Still praying - Sue F.

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to remember her. I was really touched by that Aaron. Thanks.

Alicia Joy LeBlanc

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron,

Thanks for taking the time to write down your thoughts. What a wonderful truth to be reminded that she is in heaven _right now_ rejoicing with the Savior.

11:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for your tribute, Aaron. To remember something as commonplace as hiccups shows how in tuned you were to your dear little niece. And the pictures are great! If Livi gets hiccups in heaven, she is probably entertaining the angels with them.

Mary Ann K.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so blessed by all of the amazing tributes to your daughter. She is so loved, your family is such an inspiration to me. Alivia's life touched so many and continues to do that. The love that you all share is not ordinary. It is such a reflection of Christ's love.

Thank you for sharing. Praying for the Lord to continue to minister to your hearts as only He can, praying for Him to bring you new comfort with every breath.

Holly Wadding

10:39 PM  
Blogger Bre said...

Very, very well said. I enjoy so much getting to read these tributes. Every time I read a new one the same thought runs through my mind - 'what an amazing family'. We are still praying for you all and think about you often.

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great reminder...that Livi is happy in heaven awaiting the arrival of family and friends so she can share her joys...and continue her cute hiccups!

9:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aaron, so sweet ... such a cute image of her moseying around, playing with her toys and hiccuping. I, too, think of Heaven more often because of Livi. Not a day goes by that I don't think of you all and pray.
Sara Brode

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home