Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

From Uncle William

During Alivia's life her uncle Will took over 2,000 pictures of her. She loved when he took her picture and from you get a little glimpse of how he viewed her.

Alivia was an amazing person, not only to me but to everyone she knew. I remember taking her pictures and how she always understood what was going on. We were near the end of one long photo-shoot where she had gone through many outfit changes and locations and she was on the bed in Da and Mama's room, jumping around and laughing. I was stooped over taking pictures as fast as I could trying to catch every second of it when I noticed I could only take two more pictures. Alivia had lain down on the bed and put her hand under her chin. She knew what she was doing and she couldn't have posed more perfectly. With two pictures left I snapped the shot. That picture reminds me of everything about Alivia. The way she always knew what was happening, tracking with you, understanding you. She would make you laugh and then laugh herself, joining in on her own fun. She was also reserved, she made you prove that you cared, she wouldn't settle for someone she knew wouldn't last, she was wise in that way and I loved her for it. She was alive, even as I type this the spellcheck underlines Alivia, the first "correct" spelling is the word "Alive". She was and is alive more than ever now. I love you Alivia Rachel Haughery. William K.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet little picture of Little Livi being a housewife. :) She's got the dress on and everything! She is so beautiful, and I am sure is soooo much more beautiful now, if that is possible. Praying blessings and comfort on you all.

Lisa Rader

1:15 AM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

Thank you, William! What sweet memories.

5:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was the best tribute. I loved it. She is nothing but precious.

10:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My Livi photo album holds mainly Polaroid and throwaway camera pictures of precious Alivia, just a few of others. Wish I had some more of the two thousand pics which William took. What a great photographer Will is and he had the best subject possible. A perfect combination !! I am working up courage to view the CD. I know it will come in time but am still overwhelmed by the emotional impact looking at pictures of the sweet one who is no longer with us. Thanks, Will. if you are reading this... Marmie

10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome uncle to take pictures that you cherish so much. Almost like Alivia knew you would need those photos someday. Still praying - Sue F.

10:59 AM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

Uncle William, that was so sweet! And I'm sure you captured every moment you could of Alivia. You're talent is a treasure...and this is a great example of how it blesses lives.

Love you!
Julie

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those memories Will. From some of the pics I saw that you took of her, I could tell she was great at posing...she also probably like it because her amazing uncle was taking pics of her. It's great to hear how much you adore her!!

Moriah

1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will......I am so grateful to you for all the wonderful pictures you took, and the videos, etc. You did capture our Livi...Gigi

4:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo and beautiful words!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beautiful pictures at the memorial and service inspired us to capture more of our family in pictures - especially those less momentous though still filled with abundance moments. Livi and her family taught and teaches us so much - thank you, Will for capturing the Livi spirit.

The Carroll Family

8:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adorable picture!! Still thinking of you all often, and daily making changes in my life that hopefully reflect your faith and examples. Thanks for letting us all see and hear more of her incredible life and personality.
Diana B.

9:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

William,
Of all the things different people did for James and Emily, I think you gave them the best gift of all. I "lived" off of the few pictures Uncle Read thought to take of our baby so long ago and still do to this day! They are priceless to me and the one thing I will grab if there's a fire. I hope you know how "big" your gift is and what it can mean to others. THANKS!
Aunt Marcy

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home