Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

From Uncle Chris


It’s hard to fully express how I fell about losing my niece. There aren’t many words that can explain the emotions I have when I think about her and the kind of person she was.
Alivia was the first niece I ever had. I remember when she was born how I felt so happy and proud that I was the uncle of such a cute little girl. I wondered what she would think of me when she got older and if she would like me or not. As she grew it became apparent that she did like me! It was such a great feeling to know that she knew I was her uncle and that she liked that I was her uncle. Whenever she would make a present for me, like a card with stickers on it or something that she painted, I always felt so proud. She was so aware of other people and she always wanted to help them when she could or share with them something fun.
A memory I have of Alivia that I will never forget was one night when she wanted to play with me in her play closet. She didn’t want anyone else to come in; it was just her and I. We went into the closet and looked at all the little animals on the walls and she would say “oh!” when she would see one that she hadn’t before. I was saying the noises that each animal made and she really liked that. I also pointed to the animals and asked her if it was a rabbit or a bird…ect and she would say “yeah” like it was the most obvious thing ever! She was so smart. Then she rocked back and forth on her little horse and wanted to go faster. She was obviously showing me how good she was at riding the horse and I was impressed. Then she proceeded to close the door on me and I would say, “hey let me outta here!” and she would laugh and open the door for me. Then we would do it all over again. I am so glad I was able to have times like that with her and I will never forget it.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great memories Chris! I will pray for you as I am sure it is hard for you to get through this as well.

Moriah Freeman

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christopher,
THank you for the stories. I feel like each one helps me to get to know my little niece! What a treasure the words are to me!
Aunt Marcy
PS You look so much like your cousin, Peter!

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is my second attempt to comment....the internet didn't like my first? Thanks Chris for sharing that great story.....I can truly see her doing that through your memory........I laugh and cry at the same time. She was so dear, we just didn't get enough time, did we? Gigi

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet memory, Chris. Thanks for sharing. Marmie

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This picture is wayyyy too cute!! Still praying - Sue F.

8:48 AM  
Blogger linda anne said...

oh, look how much she loves posing with her uncle chris! shes a natural, arm draped over you leg...nestled in your arm.. im sure she felt so safe and happy in this photo.. enough to be silly and so confident about it.

i love it.

5:57 PM  
Blogger linda anne said...

oh, look how much she loves posing with her uncle chris! shes a natural, arm draped over you leg...nestled in your arm.. im sure she felt so safe and happy in this photo.. enough to be silly and so confident about it.

i love it.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

She sure did adore you, Christopher. That's obvious even from the picture! Thanks for taking time to share these moments with us. So sweet!

Love ya!
Julie

8:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

such a sweet, fun picture!

thanks for sharing these tributes...

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home