Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

From Uncle John

John spent so much time doing repetative things with Livi. Things that others might have gotten bored doing after a few minutes but not John. He was so good at pretending each time was the first time they did something (even if it was the 100th) and Livi loved him for it.


A Night That Will Never Be Forgotten

One of my favorite memories of Livi took place in the evening of Feb. 4th, 2007. I was over at James and Emily’s house to watch the Super Bowl, but could not turn down an opportunity to engage in recreation with Livi in her playroom underneath the stairs. It was only about 3 ft by 5 ft in dimension and had a forest wildlife scene painted on the walls and ceiling.

So there I am, sitting with my knees in by face and Livi is showing me all the animals she does not want me to disregard, when she hears my keys jangling in my pocket. She stops pointing at the walls and piers into my pocket. Yes, it is in fact the prize she is anticipating. Carefully she pulls them out. She knows full well from experience what these pieces of ground metal will do. Momma always jingles her keys near the ignition of her car before it starts. All Livi had to do to start her car was the same.

Once Livi has the keys out of my pocket, she goes over to her car, gets on (with a little help from myself) and jingles the keys… the car “starts” and she is off. If by off you mean moving one foot forward till she hits the closed door, then yes. That does not faze her. She continues to ride her car for about another 25 seconds and then gets off and carefully replaces the keys in my pocket. She then repeats this process again and again, with no less enthusiasm.

About one hour later, she still is having the time of her life. (That was the thing about spending time with Livi, it stood still. Whenever you were with her, time did not exist.) Then Livi replaces my keys into the pocket one more time. This time she puts them in the pocket that has the broken zipper. She tries to zip it closed but nothing happens. She is worried. If the pocket does not zip closed the keys could fall out and get lost. If that happened I would not be able to drive my car home. This she tries to express by pointing to the broken zipper and shaking her head. To calm her fears, I show her the other pocket, with the zipper that works. We then put the keys in that pocket and she resumes playing at ease, knowing my keys will not possibly fall out.

I had so much fun with Livi that night. Thank you James and Emily for letting me make more than two years worth of memories with Livi. -Uncle John

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is too cute! She was one funny and smart girl. Thanks for sharing that John. I love to read the memories of people livi loved soo much!

Moriah Freeman

11:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story John. Thank you for your heartfelt memory of our dear Livi. James and Emily, you are still in my thoughts as these days go by...sending hugs you way. As you find strength as days go on, I would ask that you take a look at this blog, I know they could use your strength in all that you have endured the last two years.

http://ashleyadamsjournal.blogspot.com/

Thinking of you always.

12:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

First comment didn't turn out right so here we go with round two...

That's one of my favorite pictures of Livi with Uncle John and all that candy!

Thank you for these loving tributes to Livi.

Praying for you all...

Sara

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks John........you paint such a vivid picture, especially the "concern" over the broken zipper on your pocket.....everything had to be just so with Livi. She didn't whine or throw a tantrum....she just let you know that something wasn't right. She loved you guys as much as you loved her! Weren't we the privileged ones to have known her? Gigi

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you, John for sharing more precious moments in Livi's life. It is so gratifying to hear of things that Livi enjoyed with those who loved her. She was worthy of all the loving she received, and it was so easy to love her. Marmie

11:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just keep being reminded of how precious a moment is. It isn't the big chunks of time, it is the giggles, hiccups, funny looks etc.. that are frozen moments in time. I think of you all often and absolutely love the tributes. Again - Livi made and is still making a difference. God Bless
Diana B.

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post, John.
You detailed it so completely, it is easy to get a picture of it in my mind.
And I love the candy picture! Why wait to take the wrapper off a lollipop?!

Still praying for the Haugherys and Allens.

Mary Ann K.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Julie Garner said...

That is a super cute and really sweet story, Jack-John! I could picture everything you said as if I was there. What a great memory! Thanks for sharing it with all of us.

Love ya!
Julie

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can hardly stand it; these just keep getting better and better. John, thank you for taking the time to write though I know its a privaledge to do so. I hope you boys (excuse me, men) know how grateful I am for all these words and stories. I can't get enough and it just melts my heart. Wish I was closer to Lancaster.
Aunt Marcy

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John, you have always been great with kids. I specifically remember seeing you play with kids in the halls of New Danville years ago. You are so patient, caring, and fun with them.

Alivia only multiplied this characteristic in you. I could see your self-less love for your niece through the time you invested with her, how you served James and Emily, and how deeply you carried her on your heart. It honors God.

Alivia was blessed to have amazing uncles. God knew what He was doing when He placed her in such a loving family.

Still praying for you all,
Sarah Sensenig

5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home