Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

blah

Last night was great. We had the fund raiser at Isaac's and it went so well. At one point I think I knew every single person in the resteraunt. Very fun. Thanks to everyone who came out for this. If you went to another location (Hershey or Harrisburgh) or were at Isaac's before we got there (6:15) please leave us a message and say you were there. I was so overwhelmed by all the support. Thanks to everyone who was there. The servers were all saying how nice everyone was too. What a blessing.

Today we headed to Hershey. Count weren't good. Everything went in the wrong direction. Starting Friday we will up the dose of Gleevec. Next Tuesday we will be meeting with the transplant team. Once that happens things will hit warp speed...I think. Probably we will have the spleen removed within a week and enter the hospital for the transplant 2 weeks after that. I'm not completely sure of the time frame but that what we've heard so far. We need so much prayer in the weeks to come. I am terrified. I know this is part of God's plan and I know that he is in control. I'm so scared of the entire process. She has been so happy the last few weeks and I know how hard this next step will be. I'm just glad she doesn't know what's coming.

This has been a long road of ups and downs. I haven't felt like we've been able to be "up" for more than a few days. Mostly its been downs. I'm very tired of all of this. I could use a refresher.

I am going to post some pictures from last night once William sends them to me (hey Will). Again thanks to everyone that was there.

Thanks to the Miller's for dinner and to Mark Miller for one of the sweetest cards we've ever gotten. Thanks to Lisa E. and Patti W. for the toys for the kids. And to Patti W. for the best PJ's ever. I'll post a picture soon and I'm sure you'll all agree.

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily! I'm so glad lots of people showed up at the Lancaster Isaac's. Ryan and I went to the Harrisburg one and the servers said there were about 10 other forms turned in. That was better than I expected for that location. When you or Rachel get a chance, I'd love to hear how much money was raised.

Also, lots of people in our church have been asking about bracelets. I was wondering if I could just take a bunch from you sometime and sell them myself, returning the profits and leftovers to you. Whatever you think, just give me a call or e-mail me whenever you can.

Keep that chin high . . . Livi needs a strong mommy.

love,
Hollis

4:59 PM  
Blogger Adalie Plain said...

Sad we couldn't come last night... can't wait to see some photos though.

Praying for you,
Adalie

6:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily! It's Tracie--Heather's sister. I wanted to order 2 adult bracelets-1 swirl and one navy. Or whatever colors you have are fine. You can send them to Heather, and I will send you the money. I still think about you everyday. Take care of yourself, and that little one.
Love,
Tracie

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily,
I was just talking to my Dad about you and I was telling him about the bracelets. He thought that it was wonderful and he would also like to buy one. Tracie asked for a couple also, so you can just send it with hers to my house. I recieved mine in the mail yesterday and I love it. I had so many people comment on it at work. I am so glad that everything went well last night. Take care and we are thinking of you three everyday.

Love, Heather

7:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that I rec'd my beautiful bracelet yesterday! Thankyou so much! My daughter is wearing it to school to show it off!

Also, I wanted you to know that we are still thinking about you and your family. If we could make it all right for you, we would have done it a thousand times over plus one.

Spoil that sweet baby and stay positive the best way you know how!

8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest James,Emily and Alivia, Words are not able to express sufficiently my LOVE and PRIDE for you. I do know that my love and pride are but a grain of sand on all of our planets seashores or one small star in what seems to be an infinate sky compared to our Heavenly Fathers love and pride toward you. His capacity must be awesome because if I had anymore my heart would explode.Regardless of what the next weeks,months and years bring Jesus will never leave us or forsake us. I continue to believe God for a total healing for our li'l darlin. All My Love, Dad/Grandpa

8:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending love and prayers - wearing my bracelet - lifting you up - trusting in the Lord to carry you all through this hard time.
Cathy S.

11:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband, Dan, and I went to the Isaac's in Harrisburg. I really enjoyed my sandwich!

We go to the church in Harrisburg, Living Hope Church. We are praying for you and Alivia. Seek God's face and remember God's kindness, mercy, and grace.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

morning emily-
i am at work and wearing my bracelet and want you to know that i am praying for you and alivia today about the future and what lays ahead. i am praying that God will grant you continued wisdom and grace to follow the wisdom He gives you for the plans of the transplant. love you-jamie

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily:

I am so sorry to hear that the counts all went the wrong direction.:-( Life can just be so unfair and it is in those times you just want to scream out to God for understanding and sometimes that understanding doesn't come nearly quickly enough, but understanding will come in God's good timing (so hard to see why His timing is what it is..I know). My heart aches for you.

On a happy note, whose the silly guy standing in the window in that picture with Jen, Cliff, and Noah? That gave me
a good laugh!

Caroline

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh..p.s....I have some more bracelet orders (from bible study people, fellow bunko players, and my mom). I will send you the money and the order form tomorrow (once I get everything pulled together).

Caroline

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I went back and read the part about the man in the window (Uncle John!)..that is hysterical. It would be easy to scan by the picture and totally miss that.:-) I am going to point the picture out to Joey later and ask him if he notices anything unusual about the picture. Maybe what I should ask is, "How many people do you see in the picture?" He'll get a kick out of it. Have a great, peaceful night. I will be praying you get some good sleep with all good thoughts and sweet dreams, Emily.

Caroline

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home