Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, October 23, 2006

It's really late

Tonight is one of those nights where my brain isn't tired even though my body is. I was laying in bed and regardless of what I did my mind wouldn't turn off and I was thinking of transplant and getting more and more scared and I realized I should just get out of bed. So I decided to come downstairs and read some of my "beside still waters". As is my habit I just opened to anywhere and started to read. This is what I read.

Intercession Romans 8:26
"Never give up praying, even when Satan suggests that praying is in vain. Pray in his teeth. "Pray without ceasing" (1 Thess. 5:17). If the heavens are brass and your prayers only echoes above your head, pray on! If month after month (sounds familiar) your prayer appears to have miscarried, if you have had no answer, continue to draw close to the Lord. Do not abandon the mercy seat for any reason. If it is a good thing that you have been asking for, and if you are sure that it is according to the divine will, wait, tarry, pray, weep, plead, wrestle, and agonize until you get what you are praying for.
If your heart is cold, do not wait until your heart warms. Pray your soul into heat with the help of the ever-blessed Holy Spirit, who helps in our weakness, who makes intercessions for us with groanings that cannot be uttered (Rom 8:26)
Never cease prayer for any reason. If the philosopher tells you that every sevent is fixed and that prayer cannot possibly change anything, go on praying. If you cannot reply to every difficulty that man suggests, resolve to be obedient to the divine will. "Pray without ceasing". Never, never, never renounce the habit of praying or your confidence in its power."

Maybe I've shared these words before. I'm not really sure. But this is how I want to live my life. I want to constantly be praying...even when things are going wrong. Even when I'm rejoicing that Alivia's counts are improving I need to be praying and thanking God for even the smallest mercy, because I deserve nothing. And yet look at all I have. I am blessed.

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Up and praying for all of you without ceasing. God will bless your humility and faith.

Love,

Caroline

1:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't the Lord amazing? You were in bed tossing and turning with worry. You chose to get up and faithfully turn to our Savior for peace. Within a few short paragraphs He turned your weary heart around and encouraged you to press on and gave you hope.

He showed you that your hope is not in your circumstances, it is not in what today's blood count is or what the doctor's are telling you. Your hope is in the Almighty God who has endless resources at his disposal. Your hope is in the Creator who loves you and James and Livi. In those few short paragraphs the Lord was able to remind you how big He really is and to trust in Him. He rewarded you for turning to Him in your weariness by revealing more of Himself to you.

Thank you for sharing your life with us Emily. It is pointing us all to the Savior. He is receiving so much glory through you. Vicki Gold

8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful encouragement! How rich we are!! We have a Friend who is always with us.....watching over our tossings and turnings......ready to strengthen and encourage us in our time of need.
I want to live like this, too! Let's help each other when we forget.......
Cynthia

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
Yay! I am praying for YOU and James that your faith stays strong and that you do not stop praying! What else is there? Aunt Cheryl

1:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
Just wanted you to know that our bracelets arrived this morning and we are faithfully wearing them. I was so amazed at your comment about thanking God for even the small mercies. As I sat by Amy's bedside over the last few weeks, I kept a list of the "small mercies" I was seeing from the Lord. It is so precious to see the Holy Spirit ministering to us in similar ways. We are resting as Amy awaits her BMT in 2 or 3 weeks. I will continue to remember you, your husband, and Baby Livi during this time. Thank you for your sweet note that you sent with the bracelets. I am remembering His promise that His mercies are new every morning. He is Faithful!!
Anita Martin ~~ Amy Wilhoite's mom

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily! I just found out you were at Signing Time last Sunday! We were there too and love Rachel, Alex & Leah. I wish I would have see you all. We started using Signing Time when Tirzah was a few months old!! Now Naomi loves it and they both are signing like crazy! We love signing so much that I have been taking classes for almost a year. I'm glad to hear of another Signing Time Fan! I have all the videos if you want to borrow any. I just got two of the latest ones in today! We are praying for you and your baby Livi! God bless you today!
Hannah Byers

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it's really great to see reminders from the Lord, isn't it? So wonderful you are aware of God's blessings upon your family while going through a difficult time. I am continuing to pray and thanks for the reminder to do just that.

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EMILY
THIS WAS MY MEDITATION TODAY FROM ALSAIR BEGG. IT IS VERY MUCH IN LINE WITH YOUR THOUGHTS. IT IS EASY TO COAST WHEN WHEN THINGS ARE PROSPEROUS. I JOIN WITH YOU IN PRAYER TO BE AWAKE REGARDLESS OF OUR CIRCUMSTANCES.
BOB

“WHY ARE YOU SLEEPING? RISE AND PRAY THAT YOU MAY NOT ENTER INTO TEMPTATION.”
Luke 22:46

When is the Christian most liable to sleep? Is it not when his temporal circumstances are prosperous? Have you not found it so? When you had daily troubles to take to the throne of grace, were you not more awake than you are now? Easy roads make sleepy travelers. Another dangerous time is when all goes pleasantly in spiritual matters. Christian did not fall asleep when lions were in the way or when he was wading through the river or when fighting with Apollyon. But when he had climbed halfway up the Hill Difficulty and came to a delightful spot, he sat down and promptly fell asleep, to his great sorrow and loss. The enchanted ground is a place of balmy breezes, filled with fragrant odors and soft influences, all of which tend to lull pilgrims to sleep. Remember Bunyan's description: "Then they came to an arbor, warm, and promising much refreshing to the weary pilgrims; for it was finely wrought above head, beautified with greens, and furnished with benches and settees. It also had in it a soft couch, where the weary might lean." "The arbor was called the Slothful's Friend, and was made on purpose to attract, if it might, some of the pilgrims to take their rest there when weary." Depend upon it-it is in easy places that men shut their eyes and wander into the dreamy land of forgetfulness. Old Erskine wisely remarked, "I like a roaring devil better than a sleeping devil." There is no temptation half so dangerous as not being tempted. The distressed soul does not sleep; it is after we enter into peaceful confidence and full assurance that we are in danger of slumbering. The disciples fell asleep after they had seen Jesus transfigured on the mountaintop. Take heed, joyful Christian, easy days are close neighbors to temptations: Be as happy as you will-only be watchful

6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful lesson for us all. God bless you and your family,

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bracelets arrived today. Thank you for your dear note. Praying, praying, praying for all of you.
Cathy S.

8:11 PM  
Blogger momofcolin_chloe said...

So many times I need that reminder...to keep praying. In times of need and times of joy! Thanks! Still praying for you all! Still thinking of you all the time.

9:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing. so good to hear that! I'm putting that devotional on my christmas list!! it is always an encouragment.
i had fun tonight! It was good to see you guys!
Love --ang

9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a fantastic encouragement on prayer! Thanks for sharing it with us all, Emily!

Tonight was so great! I want to just do dinners like that all the time. It was awesome to walk into the restaurant and know practically every face there. It was even cooler to know WHY everyone was there--because they love and care for you, James and your daughter. Hope you were incredibly blessed!

The hostess told me how nice she thought this group of people was. I guess some fundraiser crowd are aweful! But they really liked us tonight. To God be the glory!

Love ya!
Julie

12:02 AM  
Blogger Ziomal said...

Very nice! I like it. solving sudoku puzzles

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home