Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Friday, December 29, 2006

Pictures and more


Alivia and Clippity-Clop (thanks Uncle Andrew)


Triple AAA- Andrew, Alivia and Aaron

Today we had a visit to Hershey. James came with us. That was such a nice treat. It has been a while since he has been able to come with us. Livi got her IV antibiotic (she gets it once a month) and it takes about an hour. In the mean time they got her counts back and realized for the second week in a row her platelets were really low so because of the holiday on Monday they gave her platelets. It all went smoothly. Livi had her normal reactin to benadryl....hyperactivity. We all laugh because it should make her tired but it makes her happy, hyper girl...just like the steriods. The doc examined her and said her lungs sounded crystal clear and her heart sounded great. So even though her WBC's are still climbing (over 125 this week) she is doing really well. We are thankful for that.

Please pray they find a perfect match for her. She has a perfect cord blood match but they would still prefer an adult unrelated donor. But they wont' use one unless it it perfect. Please pray that her heart, lungs, kidneys and liver remain unharmed by the eosinophils. Please pray that the docs can figure out what meds will help shrink her spleen so that it will be easier to remove.

I admit that the spleenectomy is really making me nervous. Not so much the actual removal but the anesthesia that goes along with it. It will be the longest surgery so far and she never comes out of anesthesia well. Usually it affects her lungs and makes her breathing really labored. Pray for wisdom for the anesthesiologist and for the surgeons.

If you go to the friendsofalivia.blogspot.com site to read the medical info could you please leave a comment. If no one is reading it I will stop posting the medical info. Thanks

Tomorrow we head to the Baltimore Aquarium with 2 of James' brothers and maybe Jeremy. I am really excited. I think Livi will really like it.

More Christmas Pictures to come.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still praying, Emily. I know we were all hoping the spleen would not have to be removed.... I believe the Lord is right beside you in all of this scary time. I am also so thankful that you were able to have a special Christmas with all your family.... Just lifting you and your family up to Jesus, and praying for a New Year filled with all the particular needs your heart desires.
Cathy S.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I couldn't leave a message on friendsofalivia.blogspot.com (they are having technical difficulties) but I want you to know I do go there and read what you post. I also want you to know that I am still praying for Alivia's healing. May God's fame be increased through her.
Melissa Stoltzfus

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read the medical info...please keep posting. I think it will be even more helpful as you go along on this journey. I think about you constantly. My heart aches. Praying for Alivia's miracle.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I saw your pictures at the Sovereign Bank on Columbia Avenue. I guess they're on display for Lime Street Studios. Sean and Denise Teaman are also shown with their twins. Very cool.

Mike Bell

4:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Emily, I just want to thank you for sharing your heart with all of us. Knowing the specific medical concerns are very helpful in praying for Livi. I read your blog as often as I can. I pray for you often and know that God will give you all that you need for life and godliness. I love seeing the pictures of Livi when you post them. She is adorable!

Love,
Tonya

10:53 PM  
Blogger vandernecks said...

Over the holidays we were thinking of you and praying for you all and for your continued grace and strength throughout this ordeal. Lean on the Lord, He is always with you. So many people here in Indiana love you all and are praying for Alivia's miracle and your family's faith and love is a lesson to us all. The Lord bless you all. Love, the Vandernecks

11:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily,
I read your blog often and have Alivia and all of the Allens in my heart daily. As a parent I know your pain; we nearly lost Diana twice when she was 14 and 17 months old, but we were fortunate that those were relatively brief experiences. I pray that the outpouring of love and support you are getting helps to sustain you through this long ordeal with your beautiful child. I did not know about the other blog; I will make a point of checking it, too.
L. Nance

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey James & Emily,

Just letting you know that we continue to read your updates regularly, pray for you always, read the medical info at the other blog, pass the word along for others to know and pray, etc. I know your time is so precious and, with a toddler around, soooo packed! For us, I know we can't get enough. We are always checking for more - to know how you guys are doing, to know how to pray, to understand a peice of your difficulties and joys. So, the more you write - the better! (I also understand privacy concerns with sooo many people and press checking in). So, keep writing! We love you dearly!

Anya Stoltzfus

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home