Who's the cutest girl around?

I am a mom of a cutie pie (very biased). And I wanted to share my experiences with others (including my cuties grandparents, great-grandparents, numerous uncles and other relatives). I love being a mom and can't imagine doing anything else.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Not for the fainthearted

Just a warning if you can't deal with blood dont' look at the picture today. Our visit to the hospital was eventful as always. Livi's counts were great (WBC-23, RBC-10.1 (hemacrit for the nurses) and Platelets-71) Thank God the platelets were high. We were in the exam room waiting to see the doc and Livi got her foot caught on the chair and fell. She was screaming like crazy. I grabbed and and rushed into the hall because her port was accessed and I thought she hit it when I saw all the blood on her face. She either hit the leg of the chair or her tooth went through her lip...or both. Regardless she had a really bad gash on her lip. It was split right through. We held pressure on then had the plastic surgeons come and look at it. There was talk of the OR and anesthesia but it worked out that we got to go to the plastic surgery clinic and one of the nurses from clinic came with us and did conscious sedation. 1 internal and 4 or 5 external stitches later and she's good as new. Poor sweet girl. She did an amazing job and didn't cry at all during the stitching (she was awake but loopy). After she got two more immunizations and those she did cry for. I'm off to take a nap. It's been way too long of a day. Now for the pictures...





Split lip...its as bad as it looks.
All stitched up and a little loopy from the neds. Still the cutest girl I know.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh..those hurt mouth incidents...ugh...when Piper was just short of a year old, I took my dog to the vet and I didn't see that someone had taken a break outside and pulled this big ceramic pot out in the walkway (to use as an ashtray) and I tripped right over it with Piper in my arms. If it were my second or third born, it wouldn't have been as traumatic, but I was sooo upset for days thinking it was the worst thing that could've happened to her and that if I had been a better mother that I would've seen the pot there (Piper was blocking my view of it when I was holding her). Piper was face first in my arms and hit her mouth hard on the concrete when we went over the pot and had a tooth that was knocked lose and dangled there for a long while that she ended up losing at age 4 (it got discolored and they pulled it). I guess that is part of the reason God gives us two sets of teeth. With all you have been through, the episode today probably didn't seem quite as traumatic to you, but I know how those mouth injuries feel.:-(

Love to all of you and glad to hear Livi's numbers are good...

Caroline

5:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor lil thing. I'm laughing & crying looking at those pics. My heart goes out to you guys, as always. She's the toughest cookie I know.

Love, Grande Aunt Lisa

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

poor sweet livi! xoxo

7:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The before picture made me go (and I cringed before I looked) "Oh no!"; and the after picture made me laugh. Lisa said it best, crying and laughing. Oh my, what a stressful day...I am so tired and I slept last night. Thank you again Emily for the wonderful care you take of Livi. Mom

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor little Livi! That girl...how much more can she take? And yet, she still keeps on smiling!

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-
OOCCH!! Livi is such a trooper. Thankfully there are meds that seem to make everything feel alright for the moment. She has a wonderful smile despite the hurting lip. love you-jamie

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor little munchkin. I think we all have at least one split lip story. Stitches to the face; no fun. Livi, you are going to be tough as nails when this is over (already are) and have so many good stories to tell someday. I think you are way ahead of my boys already. So sorry! :(
Love and hugs,
Aunt Marcy
My prayers continue daily.

9:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AWWW! Poor livi! I'll be praying for her!

moriah

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily-
Sorry to hear that you day yesterday was a bit traumatic. Glad that her counts were good though! =)

thanks for visiting us last weekend!

See you Sunday. (I know that you secretly planned it early because of 24 being on! =))

-Ang

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home